Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Case-sensitivity in ID3 display

On Sun, 2004-01-18 at 15:27, Matt Jones wrote:
> Yeah, but every other media player does have some heuristic to group
> them. If we worry on the now playing front about new user reactions, why
> not about this?

I am concerned about it, but I don't like the proposed solutions.

> Also, if rhythmbox lacks tag-editting support (for now, at least), then
> thats not really a solution.

We're getting closer to that.

> If I was to write a patch that did just spacing and capitilization
> fix-up (and possibly prompted user for which was correct),

I can't think of a way to implement this which wouldn't be ugly.  All
the metadata loading is in a separate thread, and you'd have to do some
callbacks into GTK+ from there.  It would be very messy.

> Possibly this could even be a wizard (File->Fix ID3 Tags), which would
> be nice.

Eventually, what I want to see (as I've said before) is a sort of
separate application that shares a lot of the Rhythmbox UI (specifically
the genre/artist/album browser), but which is dedicated to tag editing
and especially integration with Musicbrainz.

This is a digitally signed message part