[Rhythmbox-devel] Can't play mp3 or ogg!

I have fedora core 2 and it has rhythmbox and the .ogg support already installed. I downloaded some .ogg songs, but I get an error message when I try to play them in rhythmbox: "Could not pause playback." I can play ogg files with the "ogg123" program that also came installed on fedora, but I want to use the library and playlist functions in rythmbox.

Additionally, I downloaded, compiled, and installed the libid3tag-0.15.1b.tar.gz, but rhythmbox keeps telling me I don't have an mp3 plugin installed.

What do I need to do? I have mplayer, which is able to play both of these file types, but no library functionality....