Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Helping with ipod support

Christophe,

That helps quite a bit. I've done a bit of work with the iTunesDB (writing some command line interface tools) and I feel pretty comfortable with working on write support. I'll grab the archives below and start getting to work.

-Adam

Christophe Fergeau wrote:

Hi,

With respect to iPod reading, the archive at rhythmbox-
devel gnome org--2004/rhythmbox--main--0.9 is the most up to date to my
knowledge. I'll probably work a bit on it soon to remove some of the HAL
code since most of it has been integrated in gnome-vfs 2.7 so it should
no longer be necessary to have so much HAL specific code in rhythmbox.

Writing support isn't as advanced, since I don't know any rb arch repo
with code to achieve that ;) If you are interested in working on that,
you can find a lib (using code from gtkpod) to deal with the iPod
iTunesDB file at teuf gnome org--2004/libitunesdb--main--0.1 and some
(pretty simple) real world code using it in teuf gnome org--2004/pody--
main--0.1 (there's a command line tool using libitunesdb to copy all the
files from rhythmbox library to the iPod).

Hope that helps,

Christophe