Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox Applet 0.1.0 Released

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 08:13:26AM -0400, William Jon McCann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Hopefully things have changed but I ran into a few problems...
>
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/rhythmbox-devel/2003-September/msg00117.html

>> * There doesn't seem to be an easy way to determine if RB is paused.

I look at the playing property and the current song's duration.  If
playing is false, show the play button.  Else if the duration is
positive, show the pause button.  Otherwise, show the stop button (since
you're playing a radio stream).  You don't need to know if Rhythmbox is
*paused*, but rather if it's *pausable*.

>> * When the applet is added to the panel, RB will restart after it is
>>   exited.

I haven't noticed this at all.  Unless you mean that if you
bonobo_object_release_unref the GNOME_Rhythmbox object, Rhythmbox ends
up quitting.  It's not hard to work around that.

> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/rhythmbox-devel/2003-December/msg00001.html

>> * [successive Bonobo activation queries don't notice Rhythmbox just
>>    got started]

I haven't seen this either.  Maybe it got fixed sometime in the past six
months?