Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox Applet 0.1.0 Released

On Sun, Jul 25, 2004 at 10:01:00PM -0400, Jon Oberheide wrote:

> Just out of curiousity, have you determined the cause of rhythmbox
> closing after calling bonobo_object_release_unref?
>
> I've also run into that issue when working on my gaim plugin...hopefully
> someone on the list can enlighten me.  Thanks.

I haven't looked into it.  I *think* that there isn't a reference added
to the GNOME_Rhythmbox object you get from bonobo-activation for the
client, so that when you unref it, the reference count goes to zero, it
gets destroyed, and Rhythmbox closes in response.  But that's just a
guess.  I don't know enough about Bonobo to know if this is expected
behavior or not.