Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Auto rating

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 17:30, Michael Terry wrote:

> OK, I looked into this and the song-info dialog is woefully unprepared
> for multiple selections.  It seems that when more than one entry is
> selected, there is a GList in the SongInfo struct that represents all
> the entries, which is all well and good.  However, the code never does
> anything with the list.  It just displays empty widgets.

Yeah.  But once we enable tag editing, the artist/album/genre entries
will be editable.  The title and track number stay disabled.

And hm, setting the rating is busted (I'll fix that right now).

> Is someone else working to make the multi-song-info dialog work better?
> If not, I can go about and try to change this, but I'm not sure how to
> best display inconsistent data like the song titles.  Only fill out the
> parts that are the same?

Filling out parts that are the same would be nice, but I don't see it as
absolutely necessary.

Hm.  Maybe the right thing to do is have a separate appearance for
multiple selection, and make it obvious that changes made there apply to
all selected songs.  I'll take care of this tonight.

This is a digitally signed message part