Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] UI for selecting a play order?

<quote who="Colin Walters">
> Let me put this another way.  My feeling is most people who check both
> shuffle+repeat are really thinking something like "I want to listen to
> this music out of order forever".

I'm actually thinking that when I select 'Shuffle' on its own, I just don't
want it to re-use a song too often if it can avoid it.

> I don't think most people are really thinking  "I want to listen to each
> displayed song exactly once out of order, then again in some other
> order, forever".

I don't think I would ever want my large collection of music to do that, but
perhaps if I just selected a subset, like a single album, that might be what
I'm looking for.

Colin, I agree with your definition that shuffle+repeat says "random
ordering without worrying about playing all songs before repeating"

J.
--
Jan Schmidt                                  thaytan@mad.scientist.com

I came for the quality. I stayed for the freedom. -- Sean Neakums