Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Album Art

Hi Colin

Colin Walters wrote:
> It wasn't quite finished though - I think we were stuck trying to
> figure out the best way to expand the album cover for display.

Browsing albums by cover pictures would be intuitive - it's similar to
going through a real-life cd collection. Maybe the top right album list
browser could be reworked to support this.

Cover picture of selected song could be displayed in the top panel, or
possibly in the bottom left corner (below the sources). Some prototyping
may be needed...? I would personally find mini-pictures more useful than
the "allmusic" links which don't find many of my songs anyway. :)

The song property window could display all available pictures. The ID3
tag supports 20-something picture types (front/back cover, leaflet page,
artist, conductor, composer, recording location etc. etc.):

   http://id3lib.sourceforge.net/id3/id3v2.3.0.html#sec4.15

I've made a patch implementing ID3-tag picture support for EasyTAG. It
looks like this:

   http://noring.nocrew.org/easytag-cover-art.png
   http://noring.nocrew.org/easytag-0.31_gtk2.4_pre1-cover-art1.patch

This feature in EasyTAG is currently a bit limited (supports only one
picture type etc.) and somewhat unstable as I'm no expert on programming
Gnome/GTK/GDK.

What's your thoughts?

Fredrik