Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Xine problems

On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 16:19 -0400, Mark Stock wrote:
> I just ran rhythmbox for the first time (clicked on an mp3 file
> in nautilus on FC2), and it told me that I didn't have the right
> plug-in to play mp3 files. OK. I check out the site and see that
> I need xine and libid3tag, which I get. I also snarfed the -lib
> and -lib-devel:
>
> xine-0.99.2-1.1.fc2.fr
> xine-lib-1.0.0-0.14.rc5.1.fc2.fr
> xine-lib-devel-1.0.0-0.14.rc5.1.fc2.fr
> (I have rhythmbox-0.8.5-0.1.fc2.fr)
>
> Now, I run rhythmbox, and it still says that I need a plug-in.
> Since there's no man page, no config file, and the Preferences
> don't really allow much control, what do I do?
>
> The program seems damn cool, so I'd love to start using it!

The Rhythmbox shipped in Fedora uses GStreamer. Either you use GStreamer
and need plugins you can get at livna.org or freshrpms.net, or you'll
need to recompile Rhythmbox with xine support, with libid3tag-devel, and
all installed.

freshrpms.net ships plugins and modified versions of Rhythmbox for what
you want.

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
Dumb and Dumber - Almost my favourite movie. -- Harrison Ford