[Rhythmbox-devel] Help with getting MP3s to play...

Dear Rhythembox developers

I have just recently installed Fedora Core 3.  I've been trying to get
Rhythembox 0.8.8 to play MP3s but have been having a little bit of
trouble.  This is what I've done:

1.  Was able to find the Rhythembox FAQ
(http://www.rhythmbox.org/faq.html) which contained a link to
intructions on getting MP3 support.  I followed this link.

2.  From the "Download instructions for Fedora Core" page on the
gstreamer site I clicked the "FreshRPMS repository" link.  I then
clicked the "Packages" link on the next page.  Then clicked "Fedora
Linux 3 (Heidelberg) current add-on packages" link.

3. On the next page I was able to find 4 gstreamer related files.  They were:

- gstreamer-ffmpeg
- gstreamer-monkeysaudio
- gstreamer-plugins-extra
- gstreamer-python

Which package or packages do I need to install to get MP3 support for
Rhythembox?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Scott Rippon.

P.S.  For users who are pretty new to GNU/Linux, like me, it might be
worth linking to a tutorial which details how to install Source RPMs.
I was able to find this page
(http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/linux-hn/rpm.htm) which has been
helpful.  Is there a better resource you could recommend?