Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Interface ideas

On 4/16/05, Marc Pavot <m pavot laposte net> wrote:
> I think that a good solution to optimize the space and to have all the
> informations available with only one click is to use tabs in the
> sidebar. We could have a tab for the queue, another one for the album
> cover and the lyrics, etc...

You are using a resolution of 1280x1024. Even in this rather high
resolution you only have about 250x500 pixels for the tabbed
queue/info/whatever box. This may be enough for very small playlists
and lyrics but if you put more than 10 songs in the queue you have to
scroll and the scrollbar takes away another 30-something pixels.

Also, I don't think tabs are the way to go for an application's main
window, otherwise you end up with something like amarok (which is a
cool music player but the interface is just soooo complicated)

-Michi