Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Troubles compiling rhythmbox--merge--0.9--patch-22

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 06:45:35PM +0200, Rene Maurer wrote:
> * Christophe Fergeau <teuf gnome org> writes:
>
> > I'd say this is bug #159676 which is not fixed in any gstreamer release
> > yet. Stock rhythmbox doesn't use playbin so isn't hit by this bug.
>
> I think you are right. I have updated to Debian unstable to get newer
> gstreamer stuff. The bug remains active, but no my Debian installation
> is some what broken..... :-(
>
> Is there any possiblity to disable playbin as long as this bug exists?
> Compiling gstreamer is not really a good solution for me at the
> moment, because I only have really slow machines...

If you're using i386 and you don't mind installing packages built by random
strangers, you could use this:

http://j.kaolin.hn.org/libgstreamer0.8-0_0.8.9-3_i386.deb

disclaimer:  I built this for my own use, I've done practically no
testing, and I take no responsibility for any consequences.
I don't plan to update this or provide a full repository of
up to date gstreamer packages for use with rhythmbox 0.9, etc. etc.

(it works for me)

-jonathan