Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Automatically adding new files to library

> > For example: I have a music folder containing some songs in my home
> > directory.  I import this into Rhythmbox.  Now, I buy a new CD and use
> > Soundjuicer to rip it.  It creates artist/album/track.ogg in the music
> > folder.  It would be nice if these songs just showed up in the Rhythmbox
> > library.  I tried exiting and restarting RB, to no avail.
>
> Well, it only monitors for changes to directories already in the
> library.  So, it (currently) ignores the creation of that artist/album/
> directory, so it doesn't see the files being created inside it.
> I think it probably should monitor directories created under
> already-monitored directories, so this sort of thing will work.

Will this change, or does anyone know a better way to do it (if it's
done this way by design).

My thoughts would be that if I define a library root (ie: /mnt/mp3)
where all my music goes, I'd like to be able to add music to that from
anywhere (ie: via the musicbrainz tagger on my windows machine) and not
have to add it in manually, or worse, have to remember what's been
added or changed if I haven't started RB for a while :)  The current
featureset is nice though for changing filenames of music existing in
RB already though.

alan

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"Backups are for people who don't pray."                 -- big Mike