Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Support for flash based mp3 players

On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 13:39 +0200, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> Depends on what you call a RhythmDB. What the iPod source does is to
> fill rb database engine (what is implemented in rhythmdb/rhythmdb.c)
> with data it reads from an iTunesDB file (the binary iPod database)
> instead of getting the data from a rhythmdb.xml file.
>
> Dunno if that is exactly what you want, or you had something else in
> mind.

That's basically what I meant, I suppose it'd really doesn't make much
difference whether a source fills in the db, or a backend does it. One
(possible) advantage of having backends would be if you moved playlist
load/save to the backend, and then the existing playlist code (any
anything like it) would work irrespective of what backend it was using.

Now that I think about it more I don't know if any players support the
equivalent of automatic playlists, and that would mean you would have to
add flags reporting what criteria the backend playlist-storage
supported.

Hmm...

James "Doc" Livingston
--
"The Internet is the most powerful stupidity amplifier ever invented.
It's like television without the television part." -- James "Kibo" Parry