Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Watched Libraries

On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 12:37 -0500, Ryan Skadberg wrote:
> Initial test seems to work.  It looks like maybe there are some GConf
> issues, my rpm failed on the install of that.

That was a problem with the gconf schema. That got solved a while ago,
but the fix wasn't in the patch I uploaded.

I've committed this to cvs (with the above issues fixed), so you can now
set you library location in the preferences and have Rhythmbox watch
it.

If anyone had problems where addition or deletions don't get notices,
there are a couple of steps you can take which will help find the cause
of the problem:

Run "rhythmbox -d 2>&1 | egrep 'monitor|directory'" from a terminal.
When it starts, you should get a lot of messages that it is monitoring
certain folders. If you don't get this, check that you have set your
library location. If it comes up with errors, then gnome-vfs can't
monitor you library for some reason.

If you add/delete something and Rhythmbox doesn't notice, check the
debug messages. You should get a "directory event" message, if you
haven't then the problem is that gnome-vfs hasn't reported the change to
Rhythmbox. If you do get the message, but Rhythmbox didn't add/remove
the track, let us know.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
"We are a dumbassocracy. Anyone dumb enough to get off of their ass and
volunteer/do something is welcome to do so." -- Matthew Rice