Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Toolbars

Hi everyone

On 12/7/05, Luca Ferretti <elle uca libero it> wrote:
> Il giorno mer, 07/12/2005 alle 11.16 +0000, Gunnar Steinn Magnússon ha
> scritto:
> Sorry, I forgot to say that this suggested change is to keep role and
> behavior of toolbar buttons. A (simple) toolbar button should run an
> action (for example Open, Save, or Cut).
>
> IMHO open a floating slider clicking on a toolbar button is a really bad
> idea.
>
> So, as a compromise, I suggested the ToolItemButton. This widget
> provides an arrow button to expand something: so this arrow could be
> used to open the volume slider. Of course the ToolItemButton provides a
> simple toolbar button inside it. The "mute" action was just an idea. A
> wrong idea, because we should change to action to "unmute" when the
> audio is muted.
>
> Maybe a more useful (well, at least rational) behavior could be:
>       * use the toolbutton arrow to open the volume slider
>       * use the toolbutton button to "normalize" (set volume to 50%) the
>         volume

Sorry if I answered harsh in my previous mail, it was not my intension.

About the normalize feature. This is actually in some car radios as a
"Phone" button.
You can press it when you receive a call  and then the volume is set
to about 10%. When you press it again it goes back to previous volume.

I would actually love that feature, maybe it is better to have that
globally, like in the Volume Applet.

Regards, gunnar steinn