Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Podcasting Support

On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 22:04 +1000, James Rayner wrote:
> The new version of the ipod system software has a special menu on it,
> marked podcasts. Somehow itunes marks the podcasts or records them in
> it's database when it saves the podcasts to the ipod, so the ipod
> knows the difference between a podcast's mp3 and a regular mp3.
> Benefits of this are that the ipod remembers the location on a podcast
> if you stop listening, and it is also capable of recording any show
> notes.

To me most podcasting functionality is orthogonal to what Rhythmbox
does, and podcasting belongs in a separate app (which there are plenty
of - including monopod, which Bastien mentioned).

I'm not sure how podcasts are indicated, but if it's via an ID3 tag or
similar than the podcasting app should deal with that. If it's part of
the database on an iPod, then I guess it something we could supports as
part of copying songs to an iPod.

The only real "support" that I can think of as part of RB is letting the
podcasting app notify us of a new podcast - which is no different then
letting other apps asks us to add something to the library.

My 2c,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
"Oh bother," said the Borg, "We have assimilated Pooh". -- MHR on afp