Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Structure in genres

On Sun, 2005-07-10 at 13:11 -0700, Sri Ramkrishna wrote:
> Shaun McCance and I hav been talking about this.  It's too limiting to
> use the id3v2 tags.  What I would like to see is being able to add user
> generated metadata.  I'm thinking something similar to how f-spot adds
> metadata to pictures.  This way you can slice your music collection in
> any way you like.
>
> Granted it can't be put into the id3v2 format but I don't think thats
> particularly important when managing your personal collection because
> how you categorize music is unique to you.

Well that implies being able to classify your music within RB and I'm
sure that RB 0.8 does not support music 'management' [i.e. tag updates],
is this changed in CVS?

Also, doesn't MusicBrainz account for this?  Wouldn't it be wise and
productive to cooperate with the MusicBrainz way of handling such tags?

- C