Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] http://live.gnome.org/RhythmboxRoadmap

On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 11:42 -0700, Rene Valois wrote:
> If the Queue is the main source, I think it would be really cool to have
> an easy way to enqueue songs when browsing the library... I think
> middle-clicking would be good, as Firefox and tab-based browsers have
> ushered that into the mainstream.
>
> Double-click = play immediately.
> Middle-Click (or shift-click, or whatever) = enqueue

I'm not sure how natural it will be for the lay user for them to expect
or even make the conceptual connection.

For instance, [personally] I'd rather bind the mouse buttons to the most
common actions that I'd require.

Double-click    - Add to queue

Middle-click    - Play next [crop or jump queue]
   (This was a feature on an mp3 player of a friend and was really nice
   touch.  Instead of playing the song immediately, it would play the
   song only once the current one had finished.)

Like I said in my previous email, consensus should dictate.  This is my
preference.  I'm not even sure consensus will agree with my proposal to
only ever play from the queue.

Of course, we could always have a option somewhere to change the
behaviour of the mouse buttons.

- C