Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Storage based mp3 players

Le vendredi 17 juin 2005 à 18:04 +1000, Nicholas Gill (mythagel) a
écrit :

> > You should be able to create several item types (item types are
> > registered at runtime iirc).
>
> Ok, cool, I'll have to look into this. But why do i have to create a new
> item type? E.g. i have two identical players, if i plug them both in,
> why would i need to register a new type? I can feel somewhere in my mind
> that I'm missing something fundamental here - I may have to review this.

When you have several source showing a library-like view (eg an ipod
view, the "real" library view and a flash player view), rhythmbox needs
to know which songs belong to which view. It uses the item type to know
that (all songs for all sources are stored in a single database).

Christophe