Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Play Queue Bounty

On Fri, 2005-03-25 at 00:03 +1000, Jonathan Matthew wrote:

<behaviour of the 'previous' button>
> That's why I'm satisfied with just having it go backwards through the
> play order within the current library or playlist.  At least it'll never
> do anything weird or confusing; it'll just be mildly irritating when it
> doesn't do exactly what you want.

That's probably the best thing to do; not having peoples brains
exploding from trying to figure out how it works would be a good thing.

<Queue disclosure widget labels backwars>
> I had to change some code in the widgets subdirectory to get this right
> (the disclosure widget had the labels switched in one place, but not
> another), and I've had some problems with changes in there not being
> picked up in partial rebuilds.  A full rebuild (make clean && make)
> might help.

I've pulled the latest from you arch branch (--12 when I grabbed it),
and did a complete make distclean/autogen and it still happens. I
decided to take a look at the code, and see if I could see anything, but
it looks fine; running with --debug reports that things are right, but
it just doesn't match up on screen.

What exactly is happening is that when I start the program with the
queue closed it is labelled as Show (correctly). When I open the queue
it stays on Show (wrong) and then after that it is backwards all the
time. I have no idea why this is happening, especially if it's not
happening for you. Extremely weird.

> I disabled double clicking on queued songs because I didn't know what it
> should do - it came up somewhere else in this thread.  I think for now
> it should move the selected song to the start of the queue.

Sounds good.

> The column widths aren't synchronised beteen entry views.  No one has
> noticed before because no one has seen two entry views on the screen at
> the same time before.  I might have a look at this, but seeing how the
> columns behave when you resize them, I don't think I want to know what's
> going on in there..

Now that I think about it'd seem strange to have both sets of columns
resize when you try to do one. Probably the only reason I noticed it was
due to the fact that I made the title column bigger in the main view,
and the queue didn't pick that up. If I didn't have any preferences they
would have both been at the default sizes, so resizing them separately
would be the logical thing to do. What you've got now is probably
better.

<Crash in 0.9 branch>

Yeah, I'd guessed it was some kind of threading issue, good to hear that
it's been fixed. I heave no idea why it'd be showing up more often for
me, I haven't got an SMP machine.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
"IMO, the primary historical significance of Unix is that it marks the
time in computer history where CPUs became so cheap that it was possible