Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] My Rhythmbox Hacking ToDo

On Fri, 2005-03-25 at 09:49 +0100, Gabriel de Perthuis wrote:
<parsing natural language automatic playlist criteria>
> I think you write a .lex, compile it into a C source, add a N_() around
> AND, OR, by... keywords to internationalise them, and use it as your
> lexer. Then use yacc with the language independent result. Maybe you can
> directly use N_() in the .lex .
> To print it, you use N_() again.
> I shouldn't have mentioned i18n, it isn't really more complicated.

Argh, I'm having flashes back to my lanuage-theory classes. BNF - Argh.
Okay, it doesn't really sound too hard, but I might haveto leave that
one to someone who knows about intltool.

<complex automatic playlist queries>
> It's just the UI missing, in widgets/rb-query-creator.c, load_query and get_query .

Good, that sounds like another piece of (kind of) low hanging fruit for
me to take a stab at.

> > Also: does anyone know why the playlists always have the check for
> > type=0?
>
> They don't accept webradios, because webradios play indefinitely so they
> don't make sense in playlists. Things like streamripper may be able to
> split a webradio into songs though, but I haven't tried and it would
> require creating another type.

Makes sense.

James "Doc" Livingston
--
There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We don't believe this to be a coincidence.   -- Jeremy S. Anderson