Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Re: AudioCD patch

On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 09:48 +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:
> I changed CDs and it started working! Quite interesting. Works quite
> well. Appart from the problem with the first CD  I tried (not sure its
> a problem with rhythmbox as I don't recall the default gnome cd app
> starting either) the track time doesn't appear to work properly
> either. It displays the track length of the first track with the
> slider at the end of the track and then doesn't update it, even when
> the track changes. Other than that it seems to work really well.

Apparently cdparanoia returns bogus values for duration regularly,
giving us the length of the entire CD for the first track, and either
the nothing of the entire length for the other tracks.

I guess the two choices are:
a) tell everyone to use the GStreamer cdio plugin (if both are
installed, the cdio will get used ), or
b) detect when they are using the cdparanoia plugin, and either don't
read durations or use some other method to do it.

> I have some other 'interesting' cds that I'll play with when I get the
> chance. Also what happens when there is more than one entry in a CDDB
> lookup for a particular CD ID? Does it pop up a dialog to allow you to
> choose which one it is or just go with the first one?

Currently it just uses the first one. I guess I could steal the
choose-album dialog from Sound Juicer too. Now that cvs had support for
dates, I guess I can got around to adding support for that to audio cds
as well.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
> Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a
> function.
You're saying cats are the opposite of bijectiveness? -- ST in RHOD