Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Is there a way to disable the popup?

> While I agree that these would make kind of dodgy preferences, I don't
> know if we're going to be able to deal with it in another way. Perhaps
> we could have a single "tray icon" preference, so that if you have a
> tray icon you get notifications and minimise-to-tray, but you can turn
> it off.

What if tray icon is default and right clicking on the icon gives icon
related preferences. E.g. a check option for notification bubbles
On/Off and a check option for minimise-to-tray On/Off.

Try right clicking on the Gaim tray icon. Something like that
behaviour am I thinking.