Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [patch] tray icon rework patch

On Sat, 2005-11-12 at 15:10 +1100, James Livingston wrote:
> Currently you can make Rhythmbox minimise-to-tray by:
> a) clicking on the tray icon (or using Hide Window in the context menu)
> b) typing Ctrl-W when it is the focused window (File->Close)
>
> and can minimise it normally with the minimise button. Given that there
> are easy ways to minimise it with both the keyboard and mouse, I don't
> think we need to add another way at the expense of removing the easy way
> to quit. Given the number of people opposed to making the close button
> minimise and the other ways of doing it, I think it would be better to
> change it back.

I'm sure there will be some people that aren't happy, but I've just
switched the close button back to quitting Rhythmbox, for the reasons
discussed in the thread. As mentioned you can still minimise-to-tray by
clicking on the tray icon, using File->Close, or typing Control-W.

It might return later in some form, but not as-is with no way to turn it
off, short of removing your Notification Area. Hopefully we'll get this
and several other tray-related things sorted out for 0.9.3

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. However, a large