Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Monitoring DAAP usage

On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 21:51 +1000, Jonathan Matthew wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 08:50:20PM +1000, Jonathan Matthew wrote:
> > The DAAP server code currently reads the whole file into memory in order
> > to send it to the client.  It really should be fixed so it only reads in
> > small chunks, but that doesn't look too easy.
>
> Here's a better patch that actually closes files when the client is
> finished with them.

This works for me, and reduces the memory usage a bit. The libsoup patch
mentioned on IRC also fixes the problem where Rhythmbox will use 100%
cpu, when a DAAP client stops what it is playing.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
I now have visions of a server whose panels and covers are secured with
red tapes, sealed with wax embossed with Elder Signs and other symbols.