Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] LastFM player

Jonathan Matthew wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 07:26:53PM +0800, Mathias Nedrebø wrote:
>
>> Showstopper:
>> Just like in the lastfmproxy program, it should be possible to disable
>> logging of tunes played in the LastFM radio. I don't want my profil to
>> be "polluted" by tracks I did not explicitly play. At least in my case,
>> I can not use the player part of the plugin untill this option is
>> included.
>>

> last.fm adds streamed songs to your profile by itself, rhythmbox has no
> control over it.  If you really want this, you'll have to take it up
> with the last.fm people.

    Actually, we can tell last.fm to not record radio played song to the
user's profile.  I looked through the code of the official player, and
there is a "nortp" command to turn off scrobbling of radio tracks, and
an "rtp" command to turn it on.
    If I have time later today, I'll make/submit a patch for a checkbox
to toggle it.

-Matt