Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [Fwd: Re: Random song choice]

On Mon, 2006-12-18 at 11:31 +0100, Karsten Schmiedecke wrote:
> how about a pop-up menu where you can toggle between the options when
> you right-click the shuffle button? So that it's fairly easy to find
> when describing to a novice user who asks for it, easily accessible for
> anyone who may want to change it frequently and still not cluttering up
> the UI, or prefs dialog. I thought about shift-click on the shuffle
> butteon, but that would't really give feedback.

The current version of the patch in bugzilla (which I'll look at
updating after I get 0.9.7 out), is somewhat like this. It uses "toolbar
menu button", which is a toolbar button with a menu arrow beside it -
like what most browsers use for the "Back" button.

> Speaking of shuffle, has any progress been made or just passed me by on
> the subject of Album Shuffle where an Album, rather than a single song
> is selected randomly and then played in sequential order?

I can't remember whether someone had worked on this, but if not it
wouldn't be too hard to do. I think it was mostly waiting on having some
way of actually turning it on.

James "Doc" Livingston
--
"Every time I look at my speedometer, I get lost!"
    -- Heisenberg's Automotive Lament