Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Of MagnaTune and Money

On Wed, 2006-12-20 at 12:33 +1300, Rob van der Linde wrote:
> If "integration" means inserting a new toolbar button to the Magnatune
> store, in a similar way to how Windows Media Player has a button to
> online stores in it's toolbar, then.. no thanks.
>
> However... if this is made into a plugin instead, and this plugin can be
> turned off, then it won't be all that bad, I guess.

The "integration" is a plugin (which is off by default). When turned on,
it simply adds a "Magnatune Store" source into the sources list, which
you can click on to browse the store and/or purchase tracks.

I'm planning to update the screenshots page on the website, one of which
would show how it looks.

In the future we will probably improve the appearance and make it fit
into Rhythmbox better, but it will still be only a plugin that is
trivial to turn off if you've turned it on.

Similarly, if someone wanted to work on support a different store, it
would be implemented as another plugin.

James "Doc" Livingston
--
'If I ever saw an animated penguin with a speech bubble saying, "It
looks like you're trying to edit fstab", I'd switch to BSD faster than a