[Rhythmbox-devel] easytag can't read RB edited tags

Frequently on this mailer when asked about tag editing people have
recommended easytag which I have used succssfully for a long time.
Great app.  However, now that RB has tag editing I like to use that
from time to time.

However, I just noticed that if a tag is edited in RB, or any
gstreamer tag editing using app, the tag is not readable by either
easytag or any id3lib 3.8.3 utility.  I believe that easytag uses
id3lib 3.8.3.

I googled around and found something about how gstreamer writes id3
V2.4 tags and that some apps can't read them.  Is that the issue here?
Is there any way to get them to play together?

Thanks

John