Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] UI Improvements

On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 19:08:34 +1100
James Livingston <doclivingston gmail com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-02-09 at 08:52 +0100, Karsten Schmiedecke wrote:
> > I think this is a _great_ idea. Depending on the language set in the
> > id3tag, you could devide whether or not to ignore "the" or "die" or
> > whatever in the Artist name.
>
> I'd forgotten that id3 supports a language tag. Using that could work,
> once we get id3 tag editing working with gstreamer 0.10.

Why wait for tag *editing*? For the sorting stuff to work, you need
only be able to *read* the tags, which you obviously are, or you
couldn't sort at all. Until tag editing works, you could put a switch
for the sort-ignore-'the'-function in the preferences, so people who
don't want to fiddle with easytag to edit their id3tags - or rather,
those tags that are wrong and get sorted wrongly - can have it the old
way.

But what am I saying? I am in no position to order anyone here. I might
start looking into it - but not within the next one-and-a-half weeks as
I have finals coming up. I'll bug you guys with things I don't
understand then... ;)

Cheers,
-Karsten Schmiedecke

--
J.S. Bach: Hohe Messe in h-moll
Freitag, 10.2.2006, 20 Uhr, Nikolaikirche Prenzlau