Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] IPOD write support

On Sat, 2006-02-25 at 14:25 +0100, Fabio Berta wrote:
> Just wanted to ask, if there is anyone working on integration of ipod
> write support in rhythmbox? I mean it should be easily possible with
> libgpod, or am I wrong here?

Using libgpod, it shouldn't be too difficult.

I've been working on the second half of RB's removable media framework
(transfer and encoding) the last few days, which would be needed for
ipod syncing. It still has a /lot/ of bits missing, but it can do simple
transfers at the moment, so I can copy from *any* source to my library.
I'll post the patch for further testing once it's more complete.

Once that is working, all that we really need to do is hook it up to
libgpod. Which will need someome with an ipod to do a bit of development
work and testing. I'll let everyone know when my stuff is in a more
usable state.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
>> After all, everybody's got a water buffalo. -- Ben Coleman
> in their machine room. -- Nix
with the candlestick. -- Christian Bauernfeind