Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Generic MP3 player support

On Tue, 2006-01-03 at 21:44 +1100, James Livingston wrote:
> If it doesn't work for you
> 1) open the HAL device manager (hal-device-manager)
> 2) look for your device (it will have at least one partition inside it)
> 3) check if it has the capability "portable_audio_player"
> 4) go to the advanced tab and see whether
> "portable_audio_player.access_method" is "storage"
>
> If the things in (3) or (4) aren't right, then it's a HAL (well, device
> info file) problem not a Rhythmbox one.

As a follow-up to myself:

Aaron Bockover (Banshee's maintainer) has been collecting data, to work
towards getting HAL to recognise more players. So if you have a player
that doesn't work, go visit
http://abock.org/2005/11/21/we-must-have-universal-dap-support/,
download the tool, and send him the data for your player.

The only way we can improve HAL's detection of audio players is with
your help!

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
"25 grams of wafers and 20 ml of wine undergo transubstantiation and
become the flesh and blood of our Lord. How many Joules of heat are