[Rhythmbox-devel] Re: What makes Rhythmbox 0.9.3? =)

[...]

JL> It would be good to have a stable series again, and coinciding
JL> with Gnome 2.14 is probably a good target. I'm sure exactly how we
JL> do this will be a matter of some debate, but I'm open to
JL> suggestions.

It would be good to get out 0.9.3 soonish because Fedora Rawhide (soon
to be FC5) is shipping rhythmbox-0.9.2 and there have been great
strides in overall stability with respect to DAAP and other features
since 0.9.2, so it would be good to have FC5 ship with that version of
rhythmbox.

Also, it seems to me that DAAP stability is good enough to remove the
"experimental" tag from the --enable-daap option.  I suspect this is
what is preventing Red Hat from enabling DAAP by default in their
builds of rhythmbox for Fedora, see and it would be great if the DAAP
feature went into the rb that will be in FC5.

http://bugzilla.redhat.com/176995

(Feel free to add comments on that bug to help lobby Red Hat to enable
DAAP discovery... ;-))

Alex