Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Listening to WMP radios?

On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 13:13 -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> Is it supposed to be possible to listen to radio stations that use
> windows-media-player streams?
>
> If so how does it work?
> Looking at the HTML source of the web page, I figured that the URL passed to
> mediaplayer for CBC-radio is
> http://origin.www.cbc.ca/mrl2/livemedia/cbcr1-montreal.asx, so that's what
> I put in the "Location" field of the radio.
> When I try to play it nothing happens: Rhythmbox seems to behave as if it's
> actually playing the thing, but no sound comes out.

You will be able to parse the playlist using the playlist parser (at
least, I hope so), but it won't play unless you have the mms plugin
installed.

If you have Totem with the GStreamer backend installed and it works
there, but doesn't in Rhythmbox, that means that Rhythmbox is doing
something funny, and you should file a bug.

Cheers

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>