[Rhythmbox-devel] Re: Questions and ideas about cvs-version

EP> 1. How about putting audio-cds above playlists? You have one cd
EP> and many playlists so it might disappear way below the playlists.

EP> 2. Sometimes Rhythmbox crashes when I insert a audio cd. Anyone
EP> else seen that? I can't reproduce it unfortunately... It could be
EP> when I insert a cd tha computer has never seen before and tries to
EP> look up the metadata..

EP> 3. Is there something special I have to do to get tags on imported
EP> mp3s from audio cd? I used a simple "lame bitrate=192" importer
EP> and the songs ended up without tags in my library.

Yes, tag writing support was removed from the lame element in recent
gstreamer versions, your new gstreamer pipeline (set in
gnome-audio-profiles-properties) needs to include the libid3tag-based
"id3mux" plugin and should look something like this (I use variable
bitrate encoding):

audio/x-raw-int,rate=44100,channels=2 ! lame name=enc vbr=4 preset=1001 ! xingmux ! id3mux

Recent gstreamers contain the new (and better) taglib-based "id3v2mux"
plugin (you will need to have taglib installed for this to work):

audio/x-raw-int,rate=44100,channels=2 ! lame name=enc vbr=4 preset=1001 ! xingmux ! id3v2mux

The "xingmux" plugin is only necessary if you are using variable
bit-rate encoding and writes the correct duration information.
xingmux may not work with the id3mux plugin, but should work with
id3v2mux.  With a simple constant bitrate setting you can use:

audio/x-raw-int,rate=44100,channels=2 ! lame name=enc bitrate=192 ! id3mux

or

audio/x-raw-int,rate=44100,channels=2 ! lame name=enc bitrate=192 ! id3v2mux

Alex