Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] can't edit tags

>>>>> "NTND" == Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy  writes:

NTND> I can no longer edit tags with rhythmbox. It seems to refuse to
NTND> modify any file with message "File corrupted during write". In
NTND> terminal I got: (rhythmbox-metadata:19102): GStreamer-CRITICAL
NTND> **: gst_pad_activate_pull: assertion `old == GST_ACTIVATE_NONE'
NTND> failed I'm using gstreamer-0.10.8,
NTND> gst-plugins-{good,bad,ugly}-0.10.3.  Can I use gst-launch-0.10
NTND> to modify tags? Is there any simple command line interface to
NTND> test with?  -- Bi Cờ Lao

Are you using CVS HEAD?  There are some particular combinations of
rhythmbox and gstreamer in which tagging won't work, see the
discussion on:

http://bugs.gnome.org/342330

With rhythmbox HEAD and HEAD of gstreamer-plugins-{base,good,ugly} it
should work.  It may work with rhythmbox HEAD of earlier plugin
releases, but I know that 0.9.4.1 and certain version of
gst-plugins-ugly won't work.  The id3v2mux plugin (now in
gst-plugins-base-0.10.8) works much better than the old id3mux plugin
from gst-plugins-ugly.

Alex