Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Use combobox for filter box instead of radiobuttons?

On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 19:30 +0700, Nguyán ThÃi Ngác Duy wrote:
> The recent rhythmbox has search bar (bug 328168). I think those radio
> buttons confuse users. The first time I see it, I suppose it would
> affect browser, not search entry box. I suggest use evolution's search
> box design: use combo box to select criteria. You can see the
> following images to figure out. The combo box would include "Search"
> (default) and "Search artists", "Search albums", "Search songs".

I think that the search-bar UI could use a bit of improvement too. The
current method does have one advantage, users will notice if a new
version/plugin adds more search-bar options.

Another things that I'm sure will be suggested is a *cough* clear button
*cough*.

If we keep the current UI, it would probably be better to make them
radio buttons (possibly with "indicator-size"=0) so that accessibility
stuff knows they are mutually exclusive.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
Actually, we have scientifically determined that Heisenberg did indeed
sleep exactly here. However, we have no idea whatsoever just how fast