Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox Breakdown #3

> After some pestering, here is the return of Rhythmbox Breakdown.
> Hopefully it'll will be a bit more regular from now on. This is a bumper
> editing, because it covers all the news since 0.9.3.1.

Great to have Rhythmbox Breakdown back =)

> First, the old search box has been replaced with a new "search bar", and
> the "show browser" disclosure has been moved to the toolbar. The search
> bar now lets you pick whether your search applies to everything ("All")
> or is limited to Artists/Albums/Titles.

Two suggestions:

* The current tooltip for the Hide Browser button is "Change the
visibility of the browser". What about changing it to "Toggle 3 pane
view" ?

* Like it have been suggested before, I too thing a drop down menu is
the way to go, rather than having 3 almost but not quite unlike radio
buttons =)

A drop down menu scales, and it takes up much less UI space. It could look like:

Show only: [                                                 ] in [ Albums ]

> Based heavily of Gedit's and Epiphany's, Rhythmbox now features a plugin
> framework which will allow people to extend RB.

I can't wait to see the code for the first Python plugin that changes
the UI Rhythmbox!

Will there be a plugin section at Rhythmbox.org where users can submit plugins?