[Rhythmbox-devel] Feature Suggestion

I just switched to Rhythmbox for managing my playlists. I previously
used madman (madman.sourceforge.net), but I got tired of waiting half a
lifetime for updates, and because I don't particularly like QT. I really
like Rhythmbox for the most part, but there's one feature I feel would
make a great improvement. This has been mentioned briefly on the mailing
list, but it was a couple years ago.
I think there should be a way to do Advanced Automatic Playlists.
Instead of using the default method for creating an Automatic Playlist,
an Advanced Playlist should be able to use some type of boolean
expression for more sophisticated playlist generation.
For example, I should be able to type something along the lines of
"( genre = 'Rock' && rating >= 3) || artist ~= 'djpretzel'" to get all
songs that have a genre of rock and a rating of 3 or more OR whose
artist matches the regex "djpretzel."

One other useful feature would be to save playlists in m3u format, in
addition to pls, since pls is not as widely supported by m3u.

-- Dan Jones