[Rhythmbox-devel] Re: Duplicate Song entries in Library

MM> Hi Rhythmbox devs, All in all I think that rhythmbox is a fine
MM> application so props to all the developers involved. However there
MM> is one problem that is a bit odd.  It seem that if the user
MM> creates a playlist using the files in the library, the library
MM> will disply any tracks selected for the playlist twice. It seems
MM> that the playlist items are added to the library even if they are
MM> originally from the library. Granted if you were adding a folder
MM> that contained a playlist then that would make good sense.
MM> However if the track is from the library then it seem reasonable
MM> to ignore the additional entry. Another thought... you could just
MM> not add files in the playlists to the library and seperate the
MM> two. Since playlist imports and exports are a bit awkward (and
MM> never work for me) this would also seem like a reasonable
MM> solution. Does anyone else have any ideas on this? Point me in the
MM> right direction and I can look at the Library DB code if you want.

What version of rhythmbox are you using?  Exactly how are you creating
a playlist?  Are you dragging the tracks from the library to an empty
playlist?   The duplicate entries could result from canonicalisation
issues that should have been fixed in the last (0.9.4) release.

Alex