Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Buffer size for streaming

On Mon, 2006-11-06 at 09:09 -0300, Manuel Corrales wrote:
> Hi. I just want to say that the app is incredible and is much improved
> in short time. I would like to know if is anyway of change the size of
> the buffer it uses for streaming, because some streams  tends to have
> cut. Is this handled by rhythmbox or is gstreamer?

The buffer itself it handled by gstreamer (specifically playbin), but
applications can change how big it is. Probably the best way would be if
it dynamically adjusted depending on how often it reached the how-tide
mark and how often it kept full.

It would probably be better if this was improved directly in playbin, so
all apps would share it.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue