[Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox crashing on source switch - dbus related?

Hi folks,
I've always found a major delay when I switched sources in rhythmbox,
sometimes taking up to 10 seconds before it switched over - don't know
if that's normal. But now if I switch sources rhythmbox crashes
immediately. I ran it as rhythmbox -d and got the following output on
the last two lines:

** (rhythmbox:7248): WARNING **: Could not connect to system bus: Failed
to connect to socket /usr/local/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such
file or directory

** (bug-buddy:7455): WARNING **: Couldn't load icon for Open Folder

I've checked and there's nothing in /usr/local/var/run/dbus at all, and
I've compiled and reinstalled dbus from cvs with the switch
--localstatedir=/var, which apparently should fix that, but there's
still nothing in there. I'm running Ubuntu Edgy Beta, so it's probably
something in there and will sort itself out one of these days as the
repository moves toward the final release, but I'd really like to
understand what's going on with this for future reference, and learn how
to fix it myself if possible - it's always nice if an error can be a
learning experience! Any ideas?

Mark Hewitt
Dad always thought laughter was the best
medicine, which I guess is why several of
us died of tuberculosis.
- Jack Handey