Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Gapless/crossfade playback in svn trunk

> > * the sound is slightly over-saturated.
>
> I have no real idea what could be causing this.  The playback pipeline
> shouldn't introduce any gain at any point.

While my first reaction to this was to call bullshit (as I usually do on
that kind of statement, nothing personal :P), I actually think I may
have been noticing this for a while myself!

I listen to a lot of house/trance music, and if I have the volume in RB
at 100% I frequently hear pops at peak volume levels, e.g. on every
beat. Turning it down to about 80% seems to alleviate this, but I always
figured it was maybe an issue with my sound card (M-Audio Delta
Audiophile 2496/ICE1712), as the dmix output seems to introduce random,
channel independent pops and clicks anyway.

So, let us all know what you mean, wouldn't you please? :)
--
Alex Jones
http://alex.weej.com/