Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] New podcast parsing

BN> Heya, Rhythmbox now depends on the split totem-pl-parser, split
BN> from the totem module itself.

I'm unhappy with putting this in SVN without having a fallback because
it depends on a bleeding edge version of totem-pl-parser:

2007-12-03  Bastien Nocera  <hadess hadess net>

        * configure.ac: Require totem-pl-parser 2.21.4

This version doesn't even exist in Fedora devel/rawhide (which is on
totem-plparser-2.21.2-1.fc9) let alone for F-8 or F-7 (which is what
I'm still developing on).

sudo yum --enablerepo=development info totem-plparser

Available Packages
Name   : totem-plparser
Arch   : i386
Version: 2.21.2
Release: 1.fc9
Size   : 48 k
Repo   : development
A library to parse various forms of music playlists.

Since it is a hard dependency so it makes it impossible for me to even
compile rhythmbox SVN trunk on F-7 (or F-8) *at all* (even if I don't
want to test podcast support).

I understand that SVN trunk for rhythmbox is supposed to be for
unstable features, but I think that keeping the (hard, at least!)
dependencies to work on the stable releases of various distributions
should be strived for.  (Fedora 7 won't be EOL'ed until about May/June
2008, IIRC).

Of course if you could push more recent packages for totem as updates
to both F-7 and F-8, that would be a good solution.

BN> It adds iTunes podcast parsing, as Atom podcast parsing and OPML
BN> feeds restore. It also fixes parsing drive letters in playlists as
BN> seen on some devices such as the Sony Ericsson walkman phones.

No complaints about having the new features, though... ;)

Alex