Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Manually rescan library?

On 1/18/07, Andrew Conkling <andrew conkling gmail com> wrote:
On 1/18/07, Jeff Rousseau <drzaiusx11 gmail com> wrote:
> I noticed something similar to this last night on my friend's ubuntu
> machine (running whatever version of RB an up-to-date "edgy" ships).
> I scp'd some music over to her machine into her RB's watched music
> directory and half the music had import errors (but not all!). The
> connection between our machines was really slow, so I'm guessing RB
> was trying to get all the metadata out when it wasn't all there on
> some of the files. Playing those scp'd files in xmms works fine. Also,
> those files that had import errors never were imported into the RB DB
> even after fully downloaded (and waited a few hours).
>
> What do you think the expected behavior should be? Re-check imported
> files that failed a few times?

I think in that case, the only thing to do is to restart Rhythmbox.
AFAIK, it won't forget about the ones you imported (even if there are
errors) and it will recheck them.

This seems like a pretty bad bug to me.  When using RB to import CDs
it generates import errors for every song?  That is ugly.  There are
other applications that may or may not be an Apple product that starts
playing ripped music while the ripping is going on.  That is cool.
Showing errors on files that your own application is ripping, less
than cool.

I couldn't find a bug on this so I opened one.

http://wwwin-eng.cisco.com/cgi-bin/edcs/edcs_info?1383598

John