[Rhythmbox-devel] not listening to SettingsDaemon/MediaPlayerKeyPressed anymore

Rhythmbox, up until my most recent reboot used to pause/play next/prev
track when I pressed the multimedia keys on my keyboard.  It doesn't
seem to be doing so any more.

The DBUS signal that is emitted when I press a key is:

signal sender=:1.1 -> dest=(null destination) path=/org/gnome/SettingsDaemon; interface=org.gnome.SettingsDaemon; member=MediaPlayerKeyPressed
   string ""
   string "Next"

Any ideas why this is?

b.