Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox Equalizer

There is good reason for equalizing with just about every track in a
person's library. The audio engineers may have worked hard to get a song
sounding how they wanted it to, or how the artist wanted it to, but they
certainly did not have your specific audio setup in mind when they mixed
each track. Eq adjustments are necessary to correct the deficiencies of
an audio system, and beyond that the particular unique properties of
every different room that audio systems are used in.

I certainly agree. Every music player device or software _should_ have
an equalizer. Perhaps the right way, in this case, would be as a
plugin.

By the way, a nice feature could be the possibility of assigning a
specific equalizer mode to certain music genres, taken from the ID3
tags (i.e. use the "rock" equalizer if i'm listening to rock, or use
the "ambient" equalizer if that's what the tune is, etc). I know most
of the songs don't have that much information, but in that case, those
songs would use the default equalizer. What do you think?

Anyway, I'm not requesting this as a feature... just giving an idea. :)