[Rhythmbox-devel] Is there a way to get rhythmbox to play midi?

I like to keep my midis and manage and play them with the rest of my sounds, but I can't find any app that works as a music manager and plays midis at the same time on Linux.

The best I can come up with is looking at xmms which has a midi plugin... but xmms isn't very pretty and doesn't manage the library, it works with individual files instead...

And chance of finding a plugin that uses timidity as a backend for playing midi?

--
thing.