Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] timed shutdown

On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 10:45:20 +0200, Gilles Dartiguelongue <dartigug esiee fr> wrote:

Le dimanche 03 juin 2007 à 00:25 -0400, Matt a écrit :
There are times when I use

sleep 1h && rhythmbox-client --pause

but, that doesn't stop the program...

probably because you need DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS set in your shell
environment ?

no, that's because 'rhythmbox-client --pause' _pauses_ the currently playing track,
without closing RB.

While I'm at it, 'echo "rhythmbox-client --play" |at 6:50' can be useful, too. For me,
at least, the new source tree layout prevents the alarm clock plugin to be of any use.
I probably still have an ancient version which I never bothered to upgrade. On the other
hand, isn't the plugin in SVN?

7<arsten

--
I always am on the side of what works well; Windows usually doesn't,
and when it comes to security, Microsoft never does well.